Current Affairs November 2013 – Current Affairs for the month of November 2013: Are you searching for GK Questions for November 2013? Once again we have come up with Current Affairs November 2013. Here in the post below we have provide all current events, incidents happened in the month of November 2013. We have also brought you all the Question Answers of General Awareness.
Current Affairs November 2013
- Pakistan Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud killed in drone strike.
- The election process in Madhya Pradesh and Mizoram initiated with the issue of gazette notification by the respective Governors of the two States.
- India wins the seven matches ODI series against Australia by 3-2.
- Rohit Sharma makes record of most sixes in an ODI match with 16 sixes in his 209 run innings against Australia.
- India celebrates Diwali.
- Famous Pakistani folk singer Reshma dies due to throat cancer in Lahore.
- Yuki Bhambri wins his first ATP Challenger level singles title of the season and second of his career after defeating American Bradely Klahn in the summit clash of the Traralgon event in Australia.
- China sets up station at the Daulat Beg Oldie (DBO) sector in Ladakh near the Line of Actual Control, to monitor Indian planes.
- India's Mars orbiter Mangalyaan took off successfully from the PSLV-C25 launch vehicle at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Andhra Pradesh.
- The Mars orbiter completed its first stage of its journey successfully when entered the Earth's orbit around 44 minutes after blastoff.
- Mangalyaan will enter Mars orbit in September 2014.
- A court in Bangladesh has sentenced 152 people to death for their actions in a 2009 border guard mutiny in which 74 people were killed.
- Celebrity chef Tarla Dalal passes away in Mumbai at the age of 76.
- A R Rahman has been conferred an honor by Canada as a Canadian street in Markham.
- Piramal Enterprises Ltd. has acquired over-the-counter (OTC) brand Caladryl in India from Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
- According to the Wealth-X-UBS billionaire census report 2013, India has 103 billionaires.
- Mumbai is among the top five 'billionaire cities' globally with 30 billionaires.
- Allahabad High Court ordered Uttar Pradesh government to withdraw unauthorized security provided to 830 people and recover money spent on them within 15 days.
- The India’s Mars spacecraft successfully completed the second of the six orbit raising maneuvers for the Mars Orbiter.
- India successfully test fired its indigenously developed nuclear-capable surface-to-surface Agni-I missile from Odisha.
- 2018 men's hockey World Cup will be held on India.
- India wins by an innings and 51 runs against West Indies in the 1st test at Kolkata.
- 1,200 People died in super typhoon Haiyan in Philippines.
- Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh decides not to attend CHOGM which is to be held in Sri Lanka next week. India's External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid will head the Indian delegation at the Summit.
- World chess championship game starts in Chennai between World champion Viswanathan Anand and world number one Magnus Carlsen of Norway.
- UN has conferred the 'UN Frontline Workers Global Leadership Award' to Martha Dodray from Darbhanga district of Bihar for her commitment and dedication in eradicating polio in India.
- The Supreme Court put a stay order till 6th December, 2013 on Gauhati High court verdict which had declared the setting up of the CBI as unconstitutional.
- Total 10,000 People died in the typhoon Haiyan in Philippines.
- Miss Venezuela Gabriela Isler becomes Miss Universe 2013 in a ceremony in Crocus City Hall in Moscow.
- 1st phase of voting in Chhattisgarh held with high security.
- Woman shooter Heena Sidhu created history by becoming the third pistol exponent from India after Anjali Bhagwat (2003) and Gagan Narang (2008) to win a gold medal at the ISSF World Cup finals in Munich, Germany.
- Mumbai Cricket Association formally renamed the Kandivili ground as the Sachin Tendulkar Gymkhana Club.
- UP Lokayukta has given a clean chit to BSP chief Mayawati in the alleged Noida
- The Competition Commission of India has approved Etihad's $325 million (Rs. 2,000 crore) deal to buy a 24 percent stake in Jet Airways.
- The annual consumer price inflation increases to 10.09 percent in October from 9.84 percent in September.
- Usha Anathasubramaniam appointed as the first Chairperson and Managing Director of Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB), the first all-women bank of India.
- The first office tower at Ground Zero site opened after the September 11, 2001 attacks.
- The Supreme Court said that it is mandatory for the police to register FIR if a complainant approaches it for the registration of a cognizable offence.
- Children’s Day and World Diabetes Day celebrated across India.
- India's first fully privately funded Rapid Metro Gurgaon starts of its commercial operations.
- The last Test Match of Sachin Tendulkar's cricketing life played in Mumbai.
- BCCI excludes Virender Sehwag, Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh in new contract list for the 2013-14 seasons.
- Maldives President Mohamed Waheed has stepped down from the post on the eve of the second round of the country's presidential polls.
- Sachin Tendulkar become the first sportsperson to received Bharat Ratna.
- The Prime Minister's Office announced that Indian Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar and highly regarded scientist CNR Rao will be awarded the Bharat Ratna, India's biggest civilian award.
- The super aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya formally joined the Indian Navy.
- The 22nd Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, CHOGM began in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Indian wins the Test Series 2-0 against West Indies. This is the last Test Match of Sachin Tendulkar.
- Abdulla Yameen sworn in as new Maldives President.
- Malta will host the next Commonwealth summit in 2015.
- Actress Waheeda Rehman will receive the inaugural Centenary Award for the Indian Film Personality of the Year, a special honor to commemorate the 100 years of Indian cinema.
- India successfully test-fired the advanced BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from the Pokhran, Rajasthan.
- 27-year-old Jamaican Usain Bolt has been named male World Athlete of the Year for a fifth time.
- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce selected for the Women's Athlete of the Year award.
- Chhattisgarh recorded 74.70 per cent voter turnout in 72 Assembly constituencies in the second phase of polling.
- A motion laid in the House of Commons, England congratulating Sachin Tendulkar on a magnificent career and for being an ambassador for the game.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel selected for Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for the year 2013.
- India's first women's bank, the Bharatiya Mahila Bank has been inaugurated in Mumbai at the Air India building in Nariman Point.
- 14-year-old Prithvi Pankaj Shaw from Rizvi Springfield, Mumbai scores 546 in 330 balls in prestigious Elite Division Harris Shield Under-16 cricket tournament.
- Prithvi Pankaj has broken the earlier Mumbai schools cricket record of Armaan Jaffer who had scored 498 in Giles Shield semi-final in 2010-11.
- Virat Kohli became the fastest batsman to score 5000 runs in one-day internationals when he scored 86 against the West Indies. Kohli achieved it in just 120 matches and 114 innings.
- The 44th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) started at Panaji in Goa.
- Former Olympic gold medalist V Baskaran appointed as Coach of the Senior Men Hockey Team.
- Cyclonic storm Helen hits in Andhra Pradesh.
- Norway's Magnus Carlsen becomes world chess champion after defeating Five-time title-holder Viswanathan Anand in World Chess Championship match held in Chennai.
- Supreme Court Chief Justice P Sathasivam inaugurated a day-long National Lok Adalat where for the first time 39 lakh pending cases are being taken up simultaneously all over the country for settlement. The Lok Adalats are taking place in the Supreme Court, 24 high courts and all the district courts of the country.
- Iran and P5+1 (United States, France, Germany, Britain, China and Russia) group of Nations reached a breakthrough deal on 24 November 2013 to curb Iran's nuclear programme in exchange for limited sanctions relief.
- Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh and Mizoram ended with polling percentage of 71 and 82 respectively.
- A CBI court in Delhi convicted Parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar in the case of murder of their young daughter, Aarushi and their domestic help, Hemraj in 2008.
- Apple has topped the 'World's Most Valuable List' compiled by Forbes magazine with a brand value of $104.3 billion.
- Rajesh and Nupur Talwar were sentenced to life in prison by a CBI court for the twin murders of their daughter Aarushi and their domestic help Hemraj in 2008.
- India beat the West Indies in the three-match cricket series 2-1.
- A book of psalms from 1640 has become the world's most expensive printed book as it was auctioned in New York for $14.2m.
- Pakistan appoints Lieutenant General Raheel Sharif as new army chief.
- Sachin Tendulkar became UNICEF's first brand ambassador for South Asia and will work in promoting hygiene and sanitation in the region.
- India's economy grows 4.8 per cent in the three months through September.
- India's Mars orbiter craft leave the Earth's sphere of influence (SOI) and begin the 300-day voyage in deep space to the Mars.