GATE 2014 Pattern, Exam Date, Syllabus, Notification, Changes, Schedule and Online Application Form: GATE 2014 examination notifications has been finally announced. GATE 2014 is one of the most awaited examination in India. Lots of candidates were waiting for GATE 2014 Notification since long ago. Now Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) has finally announced its official notification on website. Eligible and interested candidates may apply Online through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) before 03-10-2013. Read full page for further details about GATE 2014 like Eligibility, Syllabus, Changes, Application Form, Notification, Pattern and more.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology that are listed below on behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
GATE is conducted through the constitution of eight zones.
- Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
GATE 2014 Eligibility:
Check out the educational Qualificaitons for GATE 2014 mentioned below.
B.E./B.Tech/ B.Arch/ B.Pharm./B.S/M.Sc./M.A./ MCA or equivalent/M.E/ M.Tech (Post BSc)/M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)/M. Sc/ B.S.-M.S./Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch).
GATE 2014 Changes:
What’s new in GATE 2014? These are the new things has been added in GATE 2014.
Changes in GATE 2014:
New Paper: There is a new paper "Ecology and Evolution" is introduced in GATE 2014.
Examination Mode: There will be examinations of all 22 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
Appliation Fee: The Application fee for GATE 2014 has been revised.
Application Process: Now there is a GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) for GATE 2014.
Downloadable Admit Card: Now Admit card will not be sent to Candidates home. Candidates need to download their admit card manually on internet.
Numerical Answer Type Questions: The question paper for GATE 2014 will consist of questions of both multiple-choice type and numerical answer type.
GATE 2014 Pattern:
The GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3-hour duration that contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. GATE 2014 would contain questions of two different types in various papers:
1. Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).
2. Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.
3. Marking Scheme: For 1-mark multiple-choice questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-marks multiple-choice questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer. There is no negative marking for numerical answer type questions.
4. Negative Marking: For a wrong answer chosen for the multiple choice questions, there would be negative marking. For 1-mark multiple choice questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark multiple choice questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. However, there is no negative marking for a wrong answer in numerical answer type questions
GATE 2014 Syllabus:
The syllabus for GATE 2014 examination given below. Chek out the 4 Subjects below for GATE 2014 Examinations.
- General Aptitude (GA)
- GG (Geology and Geophysics)
- XE Paper (Engineering Sciences)
- XL Paper (Life Sciences)
The GATE 2014 examination contains 22 papers listed below. The syllabus for each of the papers is given separately. Making a choice of the appropriate paper during GATE application is the responsibility of the candidate. Check out full details given below.
GATE Papers and Corresponding Codes
|1||Aerospace Engineering||AE||12||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|2||Agricultural Engineering||AG||13||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|3||Architecture and Planning||AR||14||Mathematics||MA|
|5||Civil Engineering||CE||16||Mining Engineering||MN|
|6||Chemical Engineering||CH||17||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|7||Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||18||Physics||PH|
|8||Chemistry||CY||19||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|9||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||20||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|10||Electrical Engineering||EE||21||Engineering Sciences||XE|
|11||Ecology and Evolution||EY||22||Life Sciences||XL|
|XE Paper Sections||Code||XL Paper Sections||Code|
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)||A||Chemistry (Compulsory)||H|
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F||Food Technology||M|
GATE 2014 Schedule:
GATE 2014 examination will be conducted (Saturday and Sunday) between 01-02-2014 to 02-03-2014 during forenoon (09:00 AM to 12:00 noon) and afternoon (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM).
Examination for most of the papers will be held in a single session, either in the forenoon or afternoon during a weekend (Saturday or Sunday). However, Examination for the remaining papers will be held in multiple, but continuous forenoon and afternoon sessions.
GATE 2014 Application Fee:
General and OBC Male category candidates need to pay Rs. 1500/- and SC/ST/PH/Women candidates need to pay Rs. 750/- as application fee who wants apply for GATE 2014.
Application Fee should be Online by Net Banking or in case of offline it should be paid in the from of bank challan in State Bank of India and Syndicate Bank.
GATE 2014 How to Apply:
Candidates those who want to apply for GATE 2014 Examinations, They need to apply online through filling Online Application Form of GATE 2014. Read the full instructions of GATE 2014 online application process given below to apply online for GATE 2014.
GATE Online Application Processing System – GATE 2014
Candidates need to apply Online. After applying online for GATE 2014 application form successfully, candidates have to take print out of the form. Once print-out of receipt has been done,
- Log on to GATE Official website here.
- Now click on GOAPS to apply for GATE 2014.
- Now fill application form with all mandatory details and submit it.
- Now Download Challan and make payment by the instructions given above.
- Once everything is done, Now the printed application form along with the supporting documents should be mailed by Speed post to the Zonal Office.
If you want more information, follow the link below for complete process for filling GATE 2014 Online application Form with screen shots. [Link].
GATE 2014 Important Dates:
- Starting Date For Application Form Submission/Enrolment: 02-09-2013
- Last Date for Enrolment: 01-10-2013
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form: 03-10-2013
- Last Date for receipt of Print-out Application Form: 10-10-2013
- Last Date for Changes in Choice of Exam Center: 20-11-2013
- Starting Date of Download GATE 2014 Admit Card online: 01-01-2014
- GATE 2014 Examination Date: 01-02-2014 to 02-03-2014
- GATE 2014 Result Declaration Date: 28-03-2014
GATE 2014 Admit Card:
The GATE 2014 Admit Card will be available for download from December 18th, 2013. GATE 2014 will not be send by post or email. So candidates are advised not to wait for GATE 2014 call letter at your home. Candidates need to download GATE 2014 Admit card from GATE official website manually.
GATE 2014 More Details:
If you want more information about GATE 2014 such as pattern, Online Application Form, Exam Date, Notification, Syllabus, Zone-wise List of Examination Cities, Examination Type, Marking Scheme and more, read official notification followed by the link given below.
Click here for GATE 2014 Official Notification.